Are you tired of the media only focusing on national issues and leaving the future of Europe in the dark? Do you have a unique perspective and expertise to share on European issues? If so, we want you to join us in our mission to bring diverse voices to the forefront and shed much-needed light on the future of Europe.
STUDIO Europa is a project dedicated to exploring and generating innovative ideas for the future of Europe and the European public discourse. Whether you are a researcher, entrepreneur, artist, journalist, or academic, we invite you to apply to STUDIO Europa and be a part of our efforts to promote a more balanced and informed public discourse.
In a series of weekly workshops from March to June 2023, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, expand your professional network, and work with driven and interesting individuals. You’ll come away from this project with enhanced abilities, strong connections, and new perspectives on Europe. Don’t miss this chance to be a part of something truly impactful and make a difference in shaping the future of Europe!
You are the perfect candidate if you …
- have proven expertise about Europe, European history or pressing European issues (climate change, migration, security, social justice, the digital transformation of Europe, the role of the EU in the world). Or if you have set up a successful European (art) project.
- are intrinsically motivated to contribute your perspective to the public discourse in and about Europe. You have a message that you want to sharpen and get across.
- are excited to realise an educational project with your fellow participants and programme editors from De Balie.
- are willing to devote at least 4 hours per week to STUDIO Europa.
- are free to attend all workshops physically in De Balie, Amsterdam between March and June 2023.
About the application
You can fill in this form to apply for STUDIO Europa until Wednesday, 01 February 2023. We ask you for your resume, your expertise and about what you hope to learn or achieve.
The second round consists of an interview in early February – preferably in De Balie and otherwise via Zoom.
If you are selected, we will see you again at the kick-off of Friday, 3 March 2022. The next afternoon workshops will take place on 10 March, 17 March, 24 March, 31 March, 6 April (Thursday), 14 April, 21 April, 28 April, 4 May (Thursday), 12 May, 19 May and 26 May. STUDIO Europa will end during the Forum on European Culture (from 1 until 4 June), a biennial festival organised by De Balie.
Until 1 February 2023 you can fill in this form to apply for STUDIO Europa.
For questions about STUDIO Europa, please contact Isabel Sheridan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Joline Vermeulen (email@example.com).